Morse Farm Maple Sugarworks

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Think we got some rain.

Wow what a day Wednesday at the Morse Farm. We had 2 buses scheduled for 3:00 and 3:30 with sugar on snow. But before that a small van came also so Burr gave them a tour and soon they were on their way. Sometimes during the day it was sunny other times it was pouring. Take your pick. Soon our afternoon buses came. It rained HARD. We were busy enough so I had forgotten the windows being down a little in my car, no big deal. So by the time the second bus was ready to leave it was dumping it.
The driver decided to bring the bus up to the front door to get people out of the rain quicker. Well out the front door there was a river, somehow the sign for Tommy's
beef got knocked over and they were using it for a bridge over the water. Good thing most of them had on sandles and short pants. I heard some "oh my goodness" and " how am I going to do this", I went out to see if I could help. Well I ended up standing in the water helping ladies across with their canes and walkers. Needless to say the water soaked up the back of my pant legs and when I got in my car other parts got wet too. Oh happy day. Let's just have sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment